As a Trust, we are devastated by the humanitarian emergency in Ukraine. Our schools are each considering their unique contexts and cohorts in deciding how best to discuss this situation with children and families. Our schools and communities are standing shoulder to shoulder together and are raising money to support the people affected by this crisis.
In line with our shared ethos and values, and our behaviour policies, we are committed to providing a work and learning environment that is free from harassment, bullying and intimidation ensuring all employees, pupils and volunteers are treated with dignity and respect. We have a zero-tolerance approach to bullying and harassment.
All Pickwick Academy Trust schools:
• Encourage pupils to treat others as they would want to be treated.
• Celebrate and reward good choices of behaviour.
• Provide a safe, secure, and happy environment.
• Believe every individual in the school community needs to take responsibility for their own actions.
• Support through help and encouragement.
• Accept that mistakes are part of the learning process.
• Respect differences, whether it be race, gender, age, sexuality, religion or disability.
• Value each individual opinion.
• Have a positive atmosphere and 'ethos'.
The emphasis is on encouraging positive behaviour through high expectations, and a focus on learning, praise and rewards. This empowers all children across the Trust to be caring, considerate, and outward-facing global citizens, who question and seek the truth, and make a positive contribution to the world we all inhabit.
Back to News